Few days back, superstar of her times, Sixties, actor Sadhana died a lonely death in a Mumbai Hospital. She was shot to fame in her very first movie ‘Love in Simla’. Then for many years there was no looking back. In her heydays, she was the heartthrob of millions.
Her lonely death is tragic, painstaking and surprising. Imagine none in this big old world to cry for or bid adieu. Obviously, building relationships when you can and must, was totally ignored by her. Though one gets used to all sorts of pains in life but pain of being all alone can be quite miserable and unbearable. Answer lies in building, nurturing and investing in relationships from an early age. This is a very important aspect of life but we ignore it at our own peril. Whatever level of SUCCESS one may achieve but if one is lonely in the end, it amounts to Failure.
Relationships need to be build when one is young since as you grow old, it becomes more and more difficult. Hence, building, nurturing and investing in relationships from an early age. But relationships must be meaningful and sincere not numbers which means nothing.
Following are some of the ways, how strong meaningful relationships can be built in life so that you can cherish and relish them as you grow old. It is then, money, status, position, nothing gives pleasure and satisfaction. What pleases you are few trustworthy sincere friends. Mind you, we are not talking about fair weather friends who are dime a dozen. One can collect any number of people for a party or functions in which guests of all hues and cry can enjoy five star hospitality for free. I have seen families whose such functions are often attended by a couple of thousands, but only counted few at the cremation ground.
1. Body language, tone and manner, matter a lot whenever you are speaking to someone. Be polite and positive. Mean what you say and do not mince words. Better to be straight forward rather ‘say something, mean something types’. Never irk to have the last word in a discussion (avoid arguments). Give-in in all the minor inconsequential matters. Never be sarcastic using double meaning language. Speak as you want to be spoken, with respect and gratitude.
2. Avoid ‘me First’ approach: Develop the Attitude to give rather take. Help others. Take genuine interest in others, matters concerning them keeping your personal problems on the back burner. Give place to others in any queue. Be a good patient listener . All this will show, how much you care and caring types are kept in people’s heart.
3. Be the Original you: When you buy something, you are careful that you buy the original not duplicate. So be one. People should love you from heart not mind. Do not try to impress people instead focus on expressing. You automatically impress people when you express with clarity, honesty and vision.
4. Forgive easily: You will find great solace in forgiving and owning a prejudice-free heart. Forgive, forget and move on. Do not provide rent-free space to all the grudges one can have in life. First cooperate then only expect others to cooperate. And if they don’t, do not crib, criticize or complain. Just go about what needs to be done. Just keep doing that.
5. Be Thankful, Appreciative and Encouraging: Well, quite a rare activity. We tend to pounce on someone’s faults mistakes and ignore the good done. Doing that you may get perverted pleasure but would always loose lots of goodwill and bonhomie. Never let an opportunity to be appreciative or encouraging missed.
6. Be GOOD: What you be, BE GOOD. Your company, then shall be cherished and relished by everyone. When you do good, Goodness returns.
There are many more, but if you take care of the above, things will automatically fall into place in life.
Building relationships must be given utmost priority taking help from the above cues. START DOING IT NOW whatever it takes. Its important, very important.