Olive oil is one of the most popular ingredients in the kitchen, but it can also be found in the medicine cabinet and even on a night stand. The fact that it is rich in vitamin E and essential antioxidants makes it one of the most efficient measures to balance blood pressure levels and cholesterol, to prevent heart attacks, cancer and fight aging. And if you thought that’s where its benefits end, you are sorely mistaken…
Here are 25 more uses for this excellent material, the olive oil!
1. To prevent snoring – Swallow a spoon of olive oil before bed.
2. To reduce stretch marks – Massage olive oil onto your skin.
3. To treat acne – Prepare a mix made of 3 table spoons of olive oil with 4 table spoons of sea salt, and put on your face for 1-2 minutes. The mix will clean the pores and keep the moisture of your skin. Wash with hot water and soap.
4. To alleviate ear pain – Pour one drop of warm olive oil in your ear.
5. To reduce stomach ulcers and pain – Mix one table spoon of olive oil with a 3/4 cup of citrus juice or vinegar and drink.
6. Olive oil can serve as a substitute for shaving cream.
7. To strengthen your fingernails – Soak them in a bowl of olive oil.
8. To rehabilitate your skin – To treat dry skin of the hands, elbows and knees, warm a few table spoons of olive oil (until it’s luke-warm) and smear on the relevant areas.
9. To treat colds – Warm a mixture of 1/3 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of sesame oil, 4 drops of thyme, 2 drops of rosemary oil and massage the warm mixture on the chest area.
10. To treat dandruff – Massage olive oil onto your scalp and leave overnight. Wash your hair in the morning with a regular shampoo. Try this treatment for a week.
11. To treat dry hair with split ends – Take warm olive oil and smear on the scalp. let it sit for 45 minutes.
12. To treat after hair coloring – Soak a soft cotton towel with olive oil and wipe the spotted skin, it may take some time but the color will come off.
13. To prevent hair loss – Mix 2 eggs with 2 table spoons of olive oil. Smear on the scalp and hair and let it sit for 40 minutes, then wash with cool or luke-warm water. It’s recommended to repeat this 3 times a week.
14. To treat lice – Mix one table spoon of olive oil with 5 drops of the tea tree oil, and smear on the scalp for several minutes. Then comb your hair with a lice comb and wash with hot water.
15. Relieve toothache – Mix drops of clove oil with drops of olive oil, in about a ratio of 3:1, and use a cotton ball to put on the aching area. Not recommended for children and pregnant or breastfeeding women.
16. Remove Mascara – Pour a bit of olive oil on a cotton ball and wipe the makeup from your eyes.
17. Relieve Coughing – Swallow a spoon of olive oil mixed with a spoon of honey. Another option is to massage the upper back and chest with olive oil at body temperature.
18. Treating swollen / red gums – Wash your mouth with a mix of olive oil and water.
19. Prevent diaper rash – Mix 2 spoons of olive oil with a spoon of water and smear on the baby’s rear.
20. To polish furniture – Mix olive oil and lemon juice at a ratio of 2:1. Use a gentle towel soaked in the mix to polish the furniture.
21.To maintain garden tools – Smear a bit of olive oil on garden tools to keep them from accumulating filth and corrosion.
22. To prevent squeaks – Smear some olive oil on screaming hinges to make them silent.
23. For digestive problems – Swallow a spoon of olive oil every morning on an empty stomach. Another option is to drink a glass of water with a spoon of olive oil and a spoon of lemon juice.
24. To maintain knives – After washing thoroughly with water and soap, wipe the blades well and then use a small amount of olive oil and gently rub it on the blades with a towel.
25. Prevent wax from building up on candlesticks – Just pour a bit of olive oil and it won’t stick.