Getting up early in the morning and practising surya namaskar is one of the best ways to start your day fresh. Also known as sun salutation, surya namaskar is a sequence of 12 yoga poses that flow one into the other with rhythmic breathing. Each of the 12 poses of surya namaskar is designed to have a specific benefit on the body. The sequence can boost your cardiovascular health, improve your blood circulation, help you beat stress and detox your body along with offering several other benefits
So why is this traditional sequence of postures called Surya Namaskar practiced?
The logical conclusion is that the sun is the life or energy source for this planet and is an element in everything we eat, drink or breathe. The earth and the moon are significant in the way they affect life, but the sun is the source of all energy and when one is in tune with the cycles of the sun, physical health, well-being, vitality, and energy, are all yours.
- Boosts your overall health
- Incorporating the Surya Namaskar into your daily routine can make a positive difference to your life.
- Improves digestion
- Gives you rock-hard abs
- Helps you detox.
- Keeps anxiety at bay
- Improves flexibility
- Tones the arms, strengthens the spine
- If toned arms and a broad chest if what you want, then surya namaskar is for you. It also makes your spine stronger and your waist more flexible. The sequence
- Keeps you youthful
- Incorporating it in your routine will keep you youthful and healthy even in old age.
- It improves your blood circulation that aids in bringing back the glow on your face; preventing the onset of wrinkles, making your skin look ageless and radiant. These home remedies can also help you look younger.
- Helps in weight loss
Though Surya Namaskar should be a part of your morning routine, there are certain exceptions when it comes to who cannot practise this exercise.
- Pregnant women should not practise this after their third month of pregnancy.
- Patients of hernia and high blood pressure are advised against this practice.
- People suffering from back pain should seek proper advice before commencing Surya Namaskar.
So start your day with Surya Namaskar and see the difference in your physical and mental state within a short period.